More speed, more versatility, more performance, the Nikon Z 6II is an updated take on the all-rounder mirrorless camera designed for high-end photo and video applications. Despite the wealth of upgrades, the Z 6II retains its familiar form factor and prized image quality to benefit working multimedia image-makers.
Second Generation Z
- Dual EXPEED 6 image processors offer increased buffer performance, a faster 14 fps continuous shooting rate, and noticeably reduced blackout times in the viewfinder.
- Updated autofocus now includes Eye and Face Detection for both humans and animals in the Wide-Area AF mode, for both photo and video recording.
- Timed long exposure shooting is now possible for up to 900 seconds (15 minutes) without the need of an external remote.
- Dual memory card slots offer more flexible file storage capabilities; one CFexpress Type B and one SD UHS-II slot permit overflow, segregated, and repetitive saving options.
- USB Type-C port permits in-camera charging or continuous power for on-the-go charging or extended shooting times.
- The rotation direction of the focus ring on lenses can be switched to suit one's familiarity.
- Support for HDR (HLG) mode when recording externally gives instant HDR-suitable video files for immediate playback. N-Log is also available for enhanced control during post-production and grading, too.
- Future firmware update will add UHD 4K 60p recording, in addition to the current 30p frame rate.
- Eligible for an optional ProRes RAW upgrade, enabling the camera to output ProRes RAW footage to a compatible Atomos external recorder. This upgrade provides greater color grading flexibility with the ProRes codec along with the ability to output uncompressed 12-bit raw footage over HDMI. This upgrade will be available in early 2021.
- The SnapBridge wireless connectivity can be used to update the camera's firmware, instead of relying on a memory card-based system of updating.
- Updated creative shooting modes include Multiple Exposure, 20 different Picture Control settings, and in-camera Timelapse recording. There is also a Focus Shift mode for recording up to 300 sequential frames with the focus position shifted between exposures for focus stacking applications.
- Compatible with optional MB-N11 Power Battery Pack for additional battery life and improved handling.
24.5MP FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor and Dual EXPEED 6 Processors
UHD 4K Video Recording
273-Point Phase-Detect AF System
- A large 3.2" 2.1m-dot LCD screen is available for bright, clear, and vivid image playback and live view shooting. The screen has a tilting design to benefit working from both high and low angles, and it is also a touchscreen for more intuitive operation, navigation, and settings control.
- A 3.6m-dot OLED electronic finder is present for comfortable eye-level viewing. It has a high 0.80x magnification and uses NIKKOR optics to guarantee a sharp, clear image. The finder also has a fluorine coating for easier cleaning.
- The top panel of the Z 6II is configured with a dot-matrix OLED. This low-energy display provides quick access to important camera settings.
- Configured with one CFexpress Type B/XQD memory card slot and one UHS-II SD card slot, flexible file storage is possible with the option to use repetitive, overflow, or segregated storage methods.
- A robust magnesium alloy chassis is both dust- and weather-resistant to benefit working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- The ergonomic grip and overall form factor is shaped to benefit handling for extended periods of time and is further accentuated by an anti-slip material and a joystick for seamless settings and focus point selection.
- Built-in SnapBridge connectivity to enable seamless transfer of low-resolution imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi enables communication between the camera and a smart device and, additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance. Additionally, SnapBridge can also be used as an easier method of updating the camera's firmware.
Nikon FTZ Mount AdapterEnabling the use of nearly any Nikon F-mount lens on Z-mount mirrorless camera bodies, the FTZ Mount Adapter is a sophisticated means for expanding the range of usable lenses. While compatible with approximately 360 distinct F-mount lenses, this adapter is especially ideal for use with over 90 E, and G-type lenses, where it fully maintains autofocus and auto-exposure capabilities for seamless use of the SLR lenses on the mirrorless body. The adapter fully maintains auto-exposure function for D-type lenses, but autofocus is not supported. The adapter is built from magnesium alloy and is weather-sealed, and also incorporates a 1/4"-20 mount on the base to provide a more balanced means for working on a tripod with longer, heavier lenses. NOTE: Autofocus not supported on D-Series lenses.
Lens CompatibilityFull AE/AF supported when using:
- AF-S type G/E lenses
- AF-P type G/E lenses
- AF-S / AF-I teleconverters
- AF-S type G/D/E lenses
- AF-P type G/E lenses
- AF-I type D lenses
- AF-S / AF-I teleconverters